Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Slow-Cooker hot Cocoa

Alas, the holidays are over and we are back to school and routine again.  Although bittersweet, I'm ready to get back to some sort of normal!

On Christmas Eve we hosted a family gathering and ended the meal with a hot chocolate bar.  I found the recipe on All Recipes and was so happy with how it turned out, I had to share it with you!

Christmas may be over, but we are right in the midst of hot cocoa season!



 Combine 4 cups of 1/2 & 1/2,
4 cups of milk and 2 pieces of cinnamon
stick and cook on low for 5-6 hours.

Remove the cinnamon sticks and stir in a 12 oz package of bittersweet chocolate chips.  Whisk until smooth.  Stir in 1 Tablespoon of vanilla.


Now, you can't have hot chocolate without marshmallows.  In addition to a little bowl of mini marshmallows, I made a marshmallow whipped cream that was SOOOOO good!  I will admit to putting it on my coffee the next day...




To make the whipped cream, whip 1 cup of heavy whipping cream till stiff points form.  Blend in 1-2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla.  Fold in 1-2 cups of mini marshmallows and refrigerate for a few hours.  This is when the magic happens!  The marshmallows will expand and make this light and fluffy deliciousness.  I repeat, SOOOO good!

To go along with our hot cocoa, I made some peppermint stir sticks (you can find a number of tutorials on these on Pinterest) and put out a variety of Christmas treats.  We had your usual sugar cookies, cheesecake, and some delicious chocolate dipped pretzels sticks my mother-in-law made.









To tell you the truth though, the hot cocoa was so satisfying to my sweet tooth I didn't have any other desserts until the next day!

So, do you have any occasion for a fun hot chocolate bar coming up?  Do you need an occasion!?  Celebrate the kids going back to school and surprise them when they get home this afternoon.  You'll win some major parent points...

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts