Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

I just love a new year.  A fresh start.  A new beginning.



I don't know why, but I just feel like 2013 is going to be spectacular.  Good things are coming.

What better way to welcome the New Year, than to make a few resolutions. I have some personal things on my list and a few I'm hoping you'll join me in.


1.     Get Organized!

Now, I consider myself a pretty organized person, but at the beginning of every year, I like to revisit
every area of my home and show it who's boss. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be taking one area
of the house at a time and whipping it into shape, starting with paper.  That's right.  We're going to
face the ugly behemoth that is the paper monster right off the bat. Open up those filing cabinets and
junk drawers.  In 2013 every bill has a home, every piece of mail knows its place.




2. Do Less.

This is a funny one considering what I just wrote above.  I don't mean, don't do anything.  I mean,
make what you do count.  I willingly admit I am a bit of an overachiever.  I'm that annoying mom that
makes homemade everything and always wants to lift the heaviest weights in my power pump class. 
I can't help it.  It's just how I'm wired.  However, this year, I'm making a conscious decision to select
a few things (projects, crafts, recipes) each season/holiday and really savor them.  Just because I
saw it on Pinterest does not mean I have to do it.  It's okay to do less.

          
This is going to be me, hanging out with my peeps.










3. Play More.
 This goes hand in hand with #2.  If I'm doing less and enjoying it more, I have more time to play. 
More time to enjoy the sweet childhood of my Little Man.  More time to sit on my Mister's lap and
beat him at Boggle.  Aren't these the memories I want for my family?  Little won't remember whether
or not we made reindeer pretzel cookies this year, but he will remember baking with me.  Even if it's
just a gooey mess of whatever we stir up.




So, you now know where my head is.  I couldn't be more excited about this fresh slate.  People always say "make 2013 awesome", "make this the best year ever".

Not me.

This year I'm going to let 2013 be amazing...by getting myself out of the way and seeing how truly awesome everything already is.

my symphony

Can't wait to get started tackling that paper monster tomorrow!

XO,
  Sara

1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts