Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, March 5, 2012

A Birthday Wreath

In honor of my little man's impending 3rd birthday, I've been hitting up Pinterest hard.  Who hasn't seen the cute birthday balloon wreath?  Well, you should.  It is adorable, pretty easy to make, and reusable.  Three of my favorite project qualities!








To do this project you will need:
   About 300 balloons
   1 package of pipe cleaners
   1 package of dress pins or floral pins
   A wreath mold (I used straw)
   A bow or ribbon
   A computer and printer to make the label

 
 





Now friends, this took WAY more balloons than I thought.  I went to the dollar store and snagged a few bags.  I knew I wanted a very full looking wreath with lots of color.

I also did not want to spend the extra money floral pins cost, so I chose to use dress pins.  They worked well, however, you have to twist the balloons a little bit so the pin is going through the meat of the balloon.  Does that make sense?





You simply take a balloon, smoosh it into place and pin it into the wreath.  Continue this process until all of the wreath mold is covered.  Your thumb will get tired!  Carry on party warrior!





When the wreath is covered, add the pipe cleaners.  I wrapped mine around a writing pen to get the twisty look I was going for.




In order to pin the pipe cleaner in, I wrapped a balloon around it and put the pin through the balloon.  It seemed to work pretty well.





After all the fun pinning, I fashioned a bow out of some ribbon I had on hand.  I then made the circle "Happy Birthday" label in Word.  I saved it so I can just change the year next go around.


Voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts