Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, November 23, 2012

A Hello to Christmas!

I know, I know.  It's Black Friday and all the crazies are out at the stores.  Not this gal.  No way, no how.  I love to shop, but I'm not about to fight someone whose drunk on turkey and been up since 3 am over a cable-knit sweater.  Not. gonna. happen.

So, there has to be something for us sane people to do!  Why deck the halls, of course!

We tackled our entry first.  Somehow this is always the easiest spot for me and really gets the ball rolling.  My colors this year are silver, gold, and chocolate.  I wanted it to be a nice mix of rustic and glitzy.



First,  I strung a pre-lit garland along the back of the table.


I got this wreath at an after Christmas sale a few years ago.




After a nature walk, Little Man and I collected enough pinecones to outfit our holliday decor.  They look great placed throughout the garland and paired with a silver ornament.



I reused the gold pincecones from my fall decor and placed them in this little star dish from Pottery Barn.  Add a few cinnamon sticks and silver balls and we're cooking!



Remember these festive little glitter dropping trees?  Well, they're not far from toddler hands, but I really like them here.  They make a fun statement right when you walk in the door.




This is a daylight photo so the lights aren't lit.  The silver ornaments are from a bulk box I got at Garden Ridge years ago and the little gold ones are from Target.

I'm hunting for one last finishing touch, but since I can't find it in a store, I'm going to DIY.  I'll be sure to update you when I have it ready!

Have you started decking your halls yet?  Did you have turkey for lunch?  Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend friends.  And if you're shopping this weekend, beware the crazies!

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts