Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Guest Room "Schedule"

Happy Friday everyone!  We survived a holiday week and are heading into the weekend.  Ahhh....

A few weeks ago I made over an old frame for the guest room/office project.  The room is s-l-o-w-l-y beginning to take shape.

I don't know about you, but when I travel, I like knowing the "plan".  Especially when I'm a houseguest.  My goal is always to fit in to my host's schedule as easily as I can and help out too.  It helps me stress less and plan fun activities for my family as well.  Maybe having a little one has made me this way!

So, I wanted to make a little "schedule" for the room.  I say "schedule" in quotes, because the goal is not to plan out my guests' itinerary, but to simply share with them the things we have going on so they can plan around them.  For example, when the Little Man has school, what time we need to leave for church on Sunday, etc.  Our guest room is going to get a W.O.R.K.O.U.T this holiday season, so I'm trying to plan ahead as much as possible!

I'll show you what I mean...





I started with this frame that holds 6 photos.  Look at my little baby!  Time flies!



I took the photos and the mat out and inserted scrapbook paper I trimmed to fit.  I wanted something that brought a little pattern and color, but nothing that would be too hard to read writing on.




Then, I hung it on the back of the guest room door with Command picture hangers.  That's it!




It's a quick reference point for guests to see what's happening during their stay.  We try to leave our schedule as open as possible when we have guests, but life happens.  Especially when you have kids and sports.



So far, it's been a big hit!  Have you made anything neat and functional lately?  Could you use a "schedule" in your guest room?



Have a great weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts