Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pretty Packages!

Someone pinch me, because it cannot be the last full week before Christmas.  Yikes!

No worries, I have a cute idea for how to wrap up all those last minute gifts you'll be toting around.  Last week I shared what I whipped up for teacher gifts this year.  Today, I'll share how I put a bow on it!


In addition to the sugar scrub teacher gifts, I also made a few packages of homemade saltine toffee for some close friends.  You can find the recipe for that here.  



Target had some adorable red and white striped bags.  Since I'm a sucker for stripes, I snagged them, as well as a few decorative ornaments.  At Michael's, I picked up some gift confetti and a package of red, white, and natural rattan ribbon.

First, I filled each bag with a little nest of confetti.



Then I placed the gift (either toffee or sugar scrub) in the bag and folded the top over.  I punched a hole through both layers and threaded a single strand of rattan ribbon through.  I made sure to tie a cute little ornament into the bow.



I created some cute little labels on my computer (the fonts are Sleigh Ride and big Kitty)...



...and then we were good to go!



I love seeing all these little packages lined up on my dining room table.  Now, I'm ready for all of the busyness we have in store this week.  Girls' Night, class party, church outings.  Who wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this little cutie?


XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts