Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Home Tour 2012

We've had such fun decking our halls.  I just love seeing everyone's homes gussied up for the month.  I thought it would be fun to gather some festive images from our house all in one spot.

The first hit of Christmas is our front table in the entryway.  I always like to add a little taste of what you'll find throughout the house for the season.  This year, it's silver, gold, greenery, and pinecones...with a splash of red because I couldn't help it.  Rustic chic, if you will.


The next thing you'll see at our holiday abode is the view of our mantle and tree (more to come on him tomorrow ;)







Across from the mantle, is the ever-necessary, sofa.  I like to change up my pillows seasonally and unfortunately, the ones I want are on back order, so this is my improvisation!

I have a TON of holiday books from my teaching days so we keep them readily accessible in a chicken wire basket next to the table.  My Little Guy loves to flip through them.  There's also a little peek at another vignette I'll be sharing soon...



Off the living room is the kitchen.  I told you about my artwork swap for the holidays here.  Every guest we've had over has really loved this subtle little nod to the season.  It was beyond easy too!

I've also added a couple of fresh evergreen wreaths to my open shelving cabinets.  I'll come back and add those pics in later!






A couple of my silver star bowls from Pottery Barn are nested together on the kitchen table.  I just stacked our everyday placemats underneath to give it a natural vibe and filled 'er up with mini ornaments.



 Here's a quick look (from a terrbile photo...*sigh*) of our advent calendar.




I showed you how I've been wrapping it up so far...


And I made reference to these two little trees (their younger sister lives on the mantle right now).  They're a nice little touch of sparkle when you make it upstairs.  Never you mind the wainscotting project in progress!



 Little Man has a cute little wooden tree with bells in his room...




...and some cute little snowmen sheets.
 (psst, we actually have these same sheets on our master bed...is that silly?  Who cares!  They're crazy warm!)



And here is the felt tree he's been decorating in his playroom...so far, he's left the big tree alone.  So far.




I've got a few more little secrets up my sleeve I'll be sharing in the coming days.  We went to a party this past weekend and I'm dying to share my Pinterest hairdo with you!

Can you believe it is almost that time?!?  I sure can't.  So many fun parties and events coming up.  Including my wee one's first Christmas performance.  I hope I don't ruin my camera while I'm crying into it!

Keep Calm and Merry On my lovelies!

XO,
  Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts