Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Look

A couple weekends ago, Mister and I went to a holiday party and I decided to try a new do.  I was so excited with how it turned out!  Thank you Pinterest, and more specifically, Kate from The Small Things Blog.  She has the best hair tutorials.

It's really hard to photograph your own hair!  Especially when the hairdo is on top of your head!  This is a sock bun...without the sock.  Truth be told, I have tried it with the sock years ago and I could never get it to work.  I think I have too many layers.  This, I could do.  

Now, Kate already has such a good tutorial so I'm going to refer you to her.  But, from me, I say "You can do it!".  It only took me 1 try and everyone at the party raved about it.  Bust out those bobby pins ladies!



Next time I attempt this style, I'll aim for a little more on top of my head...  




Gracious!  Can y'all see how dirty my mirror is?  Now that I have more of a handle on holiday goings-on, I have GOT to clean my house.  I only have company coming tomorrow!


The jeans are my faves from Gap (the Always Skinny in dark wash) and the top was a clearance rack find at Target.  I like to get tops like this from places like Forever 21 and Target because I know I'm not going to wear them too much.  Jeans on the other hand...

I don't know.  Maybe I should wear this outfit to Little's class party.  Too much?

Love these shoes. They are Guess and they are fairly comfortable for 5 inch heels!


I wore my favorite gold earrings.  I think I got them at Charming Charlie.



What about you?  What do you like to party in?  I have to wear something I can dance in.  I have kind of a reputation.  My friends have come to expect a little running man.  Who am I to disappoint?



Linking up to:




Holiday


XO,
  Sara





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always. And great color for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking SO cute! I love Kate's tutorials as well :) You're rocking that bun! Thanks for linking up, Sara! xo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts