Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Advent Calendar

It's December. Well, tomorrow it will be. How on earth did that happen so fast?!?  Since Little Man is 3, I decided we were ready to do the full Advent calendar this year.  Last year it was just a count down, but we're all in this time around!

We have the hanging Santa calendar from Pottery Barn Kids.  There are SOOOOO many options for crafting your own calendar.  Just search it on Pinterest and you'll have reading material for daysssssss.  However, I liked this one, the price was right, and it was monogrammable.  I have mentioned I love monograms, right?


(Disclainer: All of these photos were taken at night once wee one was in bed.  Apologies for the poor lighting and general outcome of all pictures!)










My plan is to have each pocket hold a numbered tag with some sort of activity on the back.  Now, little hands will not be able to leave said cards in place, so Mommy's going to have to remember to put a new card in each night.  Add that to my nightly agenda.  Right after moving the blasted Elf on the Shelf to a new and clever spot.  (Ladies who came up with the Elf, I simultaneously love you and hate you, I hope you understand.)

I found these printable countdown tags here.  Aren't they adorable?  Thanks to DaNita at Delightful Order!





I just printed and cut.



Now, you could be uber organized and fill out each tag on November 29.  However, we are a busy family and I'm not always sure when we'll be able to fit in watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, so I made a list of all the things I definitely want to do as a family, along with some other ideas.  Then, before I tuck the tag in the pocket of the calendar each night, I'll pick something from the list I know we'll be able to fit in the next day.  Make sense?



What's on my list, you ask?  Why, of course I'll share!

Here are just a few ideas.  Add your own (and then add them in the comments because I can always use more!)



Christmas Advent Calendar List

Read a favorite Christmas Story
Drink Hot Cocoa
Play a game by the fire
Decorate the tree
Do a Christmas Craft
Make reindeer food
Write a letter to Santa
Polar Express!
Watch a Christmas movie
Bake cookies
Decorate Gingerbread Men
Go see the light show
Set-Up the Nativity scene
Cookie Swap!
Read the Night Before Christmas
Go to the Christmas Parade
Read a favorite Christmas book
Dance to Christmas music
Sing carols

Aren't these fonts delicious? Also a Pinterest find.  They are "Amazing Ruler" and "Cinnamon Cake" (you can find them on Dafont.com)




Well, you've got a few hours before Advent season officially commences.  Get to printing lovelies!  Just kidding!  Do whatever it is that brings you peace and joy during this fun time.  Even if that means filling a Pinterest board full of things you'll never do (like me). ;)

XO,
  Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts