Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Saying Goodbye

It's the end of an era. 

 My beloved Santa Fe has found a new home.

It was time.  Little Man's legs were stretching out over the console, but it's hard to say goodbye to a car you've had since you were 19.

My parents made a deal with me when I was very young.  If I got a full scholarship to college, they'd buy me a brand new car.  Well, I worked my tail off in high school and got that scholarship...and this little car.

It took me back and forth to college loads of times, to camp every summer, on midnight runs to Steak 'N Shake with my girls, and on dates with my now Mister.  I rescued our pup in this car and made countless trips between my single girl apartment and our new "married couple" home, loaded down with books and lamps and dishes.  We watched her cross 100,000 miles...and then 150,000. We took Little Man home in this car.






Mister texted me on a Wednesday at noon, saying he had posted her on Craigs List.  By 5:30 pm she was rolling away in new hands.  We couldn't have asked for a more harmonious transaction and I know the young man who bought her will have great times too.

This car has been a huge part of my life for the past 12 years and she deserved a proper send off.

To you, Santa Fe.  Thanks for the memories and the miles.




...and we are VERY excited about the newest addition to our fleet.  Just think of the fun times ahead!




XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts