Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mickey Mouse 3rd Birthday


My little man turned 3 this past weekend and we partied M-I-C-K-E-Y style!  He is obessessed with all things Mickey right now so we went all out... We started out with a lunch party with his playgroup buddies.  The following day, we had another set of friends and their kiddos over. 

Here's a party throwing tip...when you've gone to the trouble of crafting, baking, cleaning, and decorating, throw as many parties as you can in 48 hours!! 


 

We got this airwalker balloon for FREE because it had a tiny hole in it and they didn't have another one.  Score!  It lasted just long enough to get us through both parties.

Guests were greeted with this fun birthday balloon wreath.  You can see how I made it here.  It really wasn't too hard and we can pull it out every year!

 


We had a candy buffet and the cupcakes displayed in the dining room.  I really just worked with what I had.  The glass candy jars and round glass pieces are all from Walmart.  The birthday subway art was a free printable I found on Pinterest.  How much do we love Pinterest!?!






I'm a BIG baker, so I had to create something magical for my favorite 3-year old!  Cookies and Cream Cupcakes with buttercream frosting and Oreo Mickey's on top.  These were out. of. this. world.  Seriously. One of my party guests even hired me to bake them for her son's upcoming party!  Talk about feeling honored.  Thanks Rach!




















Let's not talk about how many I ate for "testing purposes"...





In lieu of the standard party hat, I added some giant mouse ears to my little guy's hat.  It was a little big, but we got a few pics!




The kids had a blast running around and playing while the Mommies and Daddies chatted.  I think I have about 1 year left before I actually have to start planning real activities for the kids to do!  Good thing I was a teacher, right?!


We thanked our guests with homemade bags of "Mouse Munch".  You can see how I put those together here.  It was a cute way to carry the theme home.





Mommy and Daddy love you Japhet!  We can't believe you are already 3.  It has been so fun watching you learn and grow.  Keep being sweet, curious, and full of life.  We can't wait to see what the next year brings!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts