Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

From Drab to Fab - A Lamp Makeover

I've been drooling over some of the lamps in the latest Pottery Barn catalogue.  However, I'm not prepared to frop $350 on a lamp.  Not is my Mister.  Do I let that stop me from bringing the look home for less?  Never!
 
 
 


See that little beauty?  Well.  She started from very humble beginnings.  Shhh!  Don't tell her she's not a Pottery Barn lamp...she doesn't know.  Here's what I scooped up at Goodwill (actually, I took home 2...plans for the 2nd are in the works).






Not a terrible color, but definitely not the look I was going for.  After a few plastic bags, a can of Krylon looking glass paint, and a sweet shade from HomeGoods, we were in business!

 
 
I have a can of brushed metallic showing, but I didn't wind up using it.  I thought I would for the base, but the looking glass paint worked just fine.
 
 
Cover all the hardware with bags.



Spray away!  Use very thin, even coats.  It will drip and run if it gets too heavy.  I did 2-3 coats.



 
 
Can we say love?!  I just can't get over how this turned out.  Now every 2 weeks when the newest PB catalogue comes I smile to myself...then I tell whoever is sitting next to me!  Why pay crazy amounts when you can rescue a relic from Goodwill?!
 
 
 
Have you spray painted anything lately?  Please share!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts