Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY - A Sticky Mirror

Happy Monday folks.  First things first...Yay Falcons!  It wasn't pretty and you had us sweating (it was 70 degrees here afterall), but you got it done.

Did anyone do anything exciting? My parents were in town for a quick visit and we had our 4th Christmas celebration...a little late.  It was kind of fun to unwrap more things after the dust settled from "real" Christmas.

While my parents were here, they used our newly revamped guest room and loved the results!  One my Dad's personal faves was my DIY sticky mirror.  Today, I'll be sharing it with you so you can make your own.  Trust me.  It's easy!




First, go out into the woods with a 3-year old and collect all manner of thin, easily breakable sticks.  Some of these may be muddy and yield one messy child, however, it will take up a lot of time and get said child outdoors to expend some energy.

Next, plunk that 3-year old down with healthy snack in front of an educational program for 30 minutes.  It's alright.  It's one of the steps so you don't have to feel bad about it.

While child is occupied, sit on the kitchen floor with a "naked" mirror on the floor, your hot glue gun plugged in, and your bundle of sticks.




Proceed to snap sticks the length you would like (2-3 inches) and glue them around the perimeter of the frame.  Take care with the corners to make sure they fan out.





Remove the hot glue web that gets all over and hang!





I told ya.  Easy.  And free.  And you can't beat the impact.

What are you waiting for?!  Go gather some timber!

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts