Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Golden Mugs




Happy Friday friends!  We've finally made it to the end of a very soggy week.  I for one, am hoping for some sunshine this weekend.

I'm here today to share the gold embellished mugs I showed you from Pinterest.

DIY Polka Dot Mugs - gold sharpie, bake at 350 for 30 min and let cool in oven

I don't know about you, but I have seen these everywhere.  Blogs, mags, Pinterest.  I knew they were right up my alley, so I collected these things and set to it:


 - ceramic white mugs (or any dish you like, but make sure its oven proof)
 - gold acrylic paint meant for painting ceramic (I got mine at Michaels)
 - painting supplies (brush, tray...)
 - oven




Now some peeps I've seen used a stamp to put on the dots, but I just freehanded them.  I kind of like the painterly quality they took on.



I didn't stop with dots though!  I've been really wanting to find a plain white mug with a single, simple red heart in the middle.  Alas, it doesn't exist.  At least not where I shop.  So...being that I had gold paint on hand, I went for a little gold heart.  And. I. Love. It.

I actually added a second coat of gold paint to each of the mugs to give them a more opaque look.

How cute is that?

I've used it a gajillion time already.  I may still need to make a red one though...

After you've painted, place the mugs on a baking sheet and in a cool oven.  Set the oven to 350 and let them bake for 30 minutes.  Allow them to cool in the oven as well.  This took several hours.



Your chai latte never looked so good!

(I have a better "after" picture to share, but my camera battery died, so I'll add it later! Check back!)

So, what are you going to paint this weekend?

Once again, friends, I'll conclude this wet and rainy week with a big,

"Rise Up!"



Go Falcons!  We had a happy house this week.  Let's see if we can do it again...

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts