Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Party Costumes...and a Mouse

We just had a whirlwind weekend of Halloween/Fall festivities.  No complaints here, I'm just wiped!  Hayride, bonfire, pumpkins, family Halloween party for the kiddies.  So much fun!

Last weekend I mentioned the costume party the Mister and I went to.  I've popped in today to share a few pics.  Now, my hubby has a striking resemblance to the Olympian, Michael Phelps.  I'll let you be the judge...





I went as a cowgirl.  I know, I know.  It's a tired costume, but I was going for comfort.  This girl likes to cut a rug and that wouldn't be happening in 6 inch heels!





Pardon the poor lighting.  We snapped a few quick pics in the playroom on our way out the door.  No time to play with aperture!




Not too shabby for working with our closets, eh?  Anywho, it's always fun to go to a themed party. 




In other news...remember when I mentioned the little problem in my car?  Well, Mister and Tiny Man had great success with their trap.  I'm happy to report that my car is now rodent free!  And washed, vacuumed  and detailed!


Here is the trap, set up in the back of my car.  If you want to make one, search for "mouse trap" on youtube.    It really wasn't that hard and was it ever effective!

Mister set it up at about 3:30 pm and then we headed to a birthday party in his car.

When we got home (3 hours later), I hadn't seen the contraption yet, so I decided to take a peek.



Here's what I found.




 We decided this little critter had been living in my car.  What?!?  Mister was like a little kid.  He was so excited about catching something! And I quote, "this is probably one of the most awesome things I've ever done".  Boys.

I know what you're thinking about that mouse.

"He's so cute!"

Mmmhmmm.  And destructive.

We drove him several miles away and dropped him off in the woods.  So far my car has been sans mouse.  Let's hope it stays that way!




Anyone else have any exciting creature captures this weekend?  How about Halloween festivities?  It dropped about 20 degrees here and we southern peeps don't know what to do!  I always long for chilly weather, but it's hard when you have to hang up your flip-flops!

On another note, we're sending prayers and good vibes to the coast.  Stay safe everyone.

I'll be back tomorrow with my Little Man's costume.  The cutest little dragon ever!

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts