Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween Hostess Gift

Is it just me, or is October flying by?!  I mentioned that we headed to a Halloween costume party this weekend.  It was a blast!  How many chances do you get as an adult to dress up and have a good time?

Our friends that threw the party really did it big.  Decor, food, drinks.  It was fantastic.  Hopefully I'll be able to share a few pics of us in costume later this week.

I was raised never to show up empty handed, so I whipped up a quick batch of saltine toffee.  Have you all tried this?  It truly is one of the easiest "candies" I've ever made.

Just saltines, butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips and you've got a treat that is more than hostess worthy.



Line a jelly roll pan with foil and lay out about  50 saltines side by side.  Bring 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of unsalted butter to a boil.  Let it get really brown and bubbly (about 3 minutes).  Pour over saltines and bake at 400 for 6 minutes.  Pour 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips over top and let them soften.  Spread with a spatula to coat evenly.  Let cool completely and then break into pieces.  SO easy.






After bagging the candy, I used my computer to print up a festive tag.  I found some Haloweeny fonts on Pinterest and google searched for the candy corn images.





After trimming the tag (printed on cardstock) with pinking shears, I hole-punched each side and threaded some Halloween ribbon through each end.   Ordinarily, I would just punch one hole on top, but I made the tag a bit too big.  Rather than re-print, I just rolled with it.  It's a little "pig-tail" like, but hey, it's still festive!












Has anyone else been to a great party lately?  Party season is upon us.  And that also means holiday food eating is upon us.  I'd better kick my treadmill into high gear!

XO,
  Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts