Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Southwest Pizza

It has been wet.  And chilly.  And did I mention wet?  Days like this make me crave warm, yummy comfort food.  You should see my menu for February!  Cheesy casseroles, chewy cookies, saucy pasta.  It's a good thing we are active!

This past week, I tried a new recipe for Southwest Pizza.  I needed something quick on our tennis night and this worked out perfectly.  It'll be hitting our table again for sure!






What you Need:
1 refrigerated pizza dough
1 can black beans; drained and rinsed
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1 can corn; drained
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
1 cup salsa
shredded lettuce and sour cream for serving

Preheat the oven to 350.  I use a jelly roll pan when I make my own pizzas.  I find it a bit easier than trying to shape the dough to my pizza stone.  Give the pan a light sprtiz of cooking spray and spread the dough out as evenly as you can.  Bake the dough for 8 minutes.

Top dough with salsa, leaving a border for crust.  Toss the beans and corn with the taco seasoning in a small bowl.  Top the dough with the beans, corn, tomatoes, and cheese (and whatever else you like!).  I like to give my crust a little rub of olive oil and oregano as well. Bake again for about 10 minutes.  Serve with lettuce and a dollop of sour cream.

This was very simple and delicious!  I love me some homemade pizza!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts