Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Grocery Saving Lesson 7 - Double Up!

When I entered the coupon world I was pleased to discover that most stores will accept a manufacturer's coupon and their store brand coupon for the same item. This can really pay off when things are really on sale.

For example, Publix was selling Hillshire Farms sausage for $1.99 (on sale from $2.99). I clipped 2 coupons for $1/2 from my Sunday papers. Publix offered an in house coupon for $1/2 as well. I used both and walked out with 4 packages of sausage for $3.96! I'm using one tonight with a Zatarain's Jambalaya mix I got for .56 last week! Pair that with a corn bread mix and green beans and dinner's on the table for $2.25 (total, not per person!). The rest I will freeze and use with other ingredients I acquire to plan meals for future weeks.

*( Pssst! Some stores will even take a house coupon from another store!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts