Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Life - Mommy Dirt

Two-year olds. We love them, while simultaneously letting them slowly drive us crazy. Now that my son and all his playmates are in the 2-3 year range, all the mommies are on their 2nd lap of parenthood. New babies are popping up everywhere! So, I've reluctantly had to explain that Gavin's mommy has a baby in her tummy, he's going to get a sister, yadda, yadda, yadda. The only thing my child took away from this exchange was Mommy has a baby in her tummy. Which, friends, I do not.
These little morsels of "Mommy Dirt", as I like to call them, are like ticking time bombs. Or maybe they should just be called toddler ammunition, because when those little nuggets of skewed information start rolling out, take cover! My husband and I experienced this last night.

The three of us, tucked into a cute little pizzeria. Livin' the dream...until Little Guy chooses the dinner rush to let everyone know, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy!" I smile and shake my head, letting him (everyone) know this is not the case. Too late. All the patrons are already looking at my belly. So maybe I had an extra slice, but 2 pieces of plain cheese does not a baby make!

We survived this one by the pure fact that we knew no one in the restaurant. Let's hope we're so lucky next time LG drops his ammo.

Anyone else have a good "Mommy Dirt" story?  Let's share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts