Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Tribute! - Paint

If anyone knows me, they know I'm a sucker for color.  I love a splash of blue in an unexpected space, or a shot of red to break up a neutral.  Any design blog, book, or show will tell you the cheapest way to make the biggest impact in a room makeover is, you guessed it....PAINT!

For the cost of a gallon or two and a paintbrush, you can completely transform a room.  Take it from dark to light.  From beachy to woodsy.  Girly to all boy.  The choice is yours!  The furniture and textiles in my house haven't changed much in the 6 years we've lived here, but I'm on my 3rd lap of paint in almost every room.  I know, I know.  I have a problem.  But, since I'm a decorating diva on a budget, I'll try the $30 gallon of paint before sinking $2400+ into a sofa!





But don't forget!  Paint isn't just for walls.  Put that brush to a tired chest of drawers, or some plain jane curtains.  Redo your front door.  Floors?  You betchya!  Tape off a design and go for it!  The possibilities are endless!  I used the wall color in my son's bathroom to create a coordinating piece of art.



Since I've been making my own home, my style has completely changed.  It has evolved and grown with our family.  Being adventurous with paint has helped me figure out what kind of decor I like, what feel makes me happy, and helped turn my house into a home with character and personality.

So go ahead.  Head out to your fav paint store and see what color grabs you.  What have you got to lose?  It's just paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts