Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Closet Update...and Two Mini-Makeovers

Well,  after a pretty late night and 4 MORE bags for Goodwill, I'm feeling like the closet and I are in a good place.  As I've said before, I've cleaned out my closet before, lots of time.  However, in a month or two, we'd be back to where we started.  Which you can see from the previous post on the closet, is NOT a good place to be!

I didn't want to just clean up for nothing, so we spent some days with hangers all over the floor, a pile of clothes in the corner, and, well, chaos.  Lots of days.  Far too many days for my perfectionist, neat-freak personality to take.  But I perservered.  I had to figure out how to solve this closet dilemma once and for all.  And that meant, not just putting everything back.

I knew some canvas bins were in order so I loaded up the Little Man and we searched.  We hunted.  We came home empty handed.  I couldn't find what I had in mind.  A nautral colored, canvas bin.  Not too tall.  Able to sit longways on the shelf.  Like the ones in the linen closet.  Oh.  Duh.

Dontchya love it when you alreay own what you have in mind!?!  So this led to me emptying out the linen closet all over the landing upstairs.  See, as you already know, I coupon, so I have a mini drug store in my house.  Deodorant, face lotion, body wash.  I've got it all...in the linen closet.  Hmmm.  In order to get to those canvas bins, I had to get the toiletries out (which I'd been dying to do anyways, they were way too heavy for the bins).  Where you ask?  Well, the sheets were in an old chest of drawers at the top of the stairs, because the toiletries were in the linen closet...because that makes sense.  Where do I come up with this stuff?

So, the toiletries migrated to the chest of drawers.  So perfect!  Why didn't I think of that ages ago?  The sheets got refolded Martha Stewart style in the linen closet (where they belong).  And the canvas bins were mine!





               

Disclaimer:  This is the oldest, worst, dresser in the world.  It was a Goodwill find for my very first apartment, but with a coat of paint and new knobs, it's still making itself useful...until the one I have my eye on makes its way home ;)





 


Neither of these spaces is perfect yet.  But, keep in mind, these were spurr of the moment makeovers in order to "steal" the canvas bins for another project.  Don't you worry.  I'll be come back to these babies soon, label maker blazing!

Now, the Mister got home during the refolding of the linens.  And man was the upstairs landing a sight to behold.  Pair that with the natural disaster-esque scene in our closet and you can imagine his face.

Me: "You know what I always say, right?"

Him: "It has to get worse before it gets a lot better."

Such a good student!

Whew!  Typing up this process has almost exhausted me as much as doing it the first time did!  Those bottles of body wash are heavy y'all!  So I will load some pics to show you the progress and make my next post the great closet reveal.  Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts