Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIY - Mini Clothespin Magnets

Happy Wednesday!  Hopefully everyone's weeks are going well.  It's February break around here, which means no school, which means lots of one on one time with my favorite little guy. We've had a blast playing games, painting a bit, and trying to brave the temps for some outdoor time.  We've got a mad obstacle course running over here.

I've squeaked in a little DIY time, even without my preschool time!  It's quick, easy, and little hands can get in on the fun.

A few weeks ago, I spied these adorable little clothespins at Michaels.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but I knew I'd think of something...


When I made my clothespin pushpins, I suddenly knew what to do with this set...magnets! 

To make them, I cut strips of craft magnets I already had to fit the length and width of the clothespins.





Then, I hotglued the strips onto one side of each pin.  Be careful not to glue the magnetic side down!  You want to keep that part on top so it will adhere to your fridge.



Let the glue dry thoroughly before you stick them up, or you'll have to do it twice.  Lesson learned.

Voila!  I love the little splash of color they bring and you know I'm loving anything that gets me closer to spring!


They hold up my weekly meal plan beautifully.  BTW, have you guys ever tried emeals?  Check it out.  They have a ton of meal plans, low carb, traditional, gluten free, low fat, Paleo etc.  You select a plan, and every week they send you 7 meal ideas, recipes, and the shopping list.  We've been using the Paleo version (more on that in another post) and we LOVE it!

Anywho!  A quick little DIY that keeps me organized and brightens my day.


And who doesn't love that!

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts