Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hair Today...

Well.  I treated myself to a much needed, much overdue day of beauty and overall self maintenance.  That should be an official holiday. "Beauty and Overall Self-Maintenance Day".  Every woman would have the day off work (in an office or at home, you know it's work!) and all the salons would be full...I can picture it.

Anywho, it was time.  I started with a haircut and ended my morning with a mani/pedi.  It was such a treat!

You're probably wondering from the title of this post what happened to my hair.  I went in for a little more shape.  A snipping of some split ends.  A break from washing my own hair (truly, my favorite part).

I ended up with a little more (or less) than I bargained for...but, I actually LOVE it!  I needed a change.  I was beginning to feel old and frumpy.  While I intellectually know I am neither of those things, sometimes a girl just needs a fresh look!

Here are a few "Befores"...

This is my hair from our holiday photos.  Long, curling iron.



Here I am with my little buddy.  Long, some second day waves.  Pulled back on the sides.  Pretty typical.


This is also pretty typical.  Growing out the bangs.


Speaking of bangs...

In 2011 I had a brief period of Zooey Deschanel bangs.  They were fun.  I felt glamorous, but then they became a burden. I also always felt like I had to wear my hair up so my face wasn't completely covered.

That's my sis.  Yes, we're on Dumbo.


Here's another oldie...

This is when the bangs were growing out.  I think it was our anniversary.


Now were reaching way back into the archives! My little man was just barely one.  Man, our master bedroom was still red, black, and white!


I also had a moment with blonde highlights...

This is from the trip Mister and I took for our first anniversary.



Yikes! This is just to show you my mid-length hair.  Pay no attention to the rest!


I think it's safe to say that my hair and my camera skills have gotten better over the past few years.

And now, with no further ado, my new do...



I'm liking the easiness.  It is definitely an adjustment, as I consider myself a long hair person, but I needed a change and this does it!

Anyone else contemplating a new look for spring?

I've got some birthday party posts coming up.  We had a roarin' good time!

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts