Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm Back, but it's a Sad Day

Hello my friends.  I've taken an extended hiatus from Nest and am so glad to be back.  Between vacations, birthday parties, house guests, and a stomach bug there hasn't been a single moment to blog.  I'm finally feeling some what caught up.  The bathrooms have been detoxed, laundry done, bills paid.  There's food in the refrigerator.  All is well.

Except, all doesn't feel well to some of our brothers and sisters in Boston.  Although I was not there, I have a sister-in-law who is a marathon runner and a few friends who were running this year.  Gratefully, they are all well.



At times like this, it is easy to feel like there is no good in the world.  How could there be when such violence occurs?  Looking at the news reports, it was amazing to see the good that was expressed in those moments following the blasts.  People running toward the explosion to help.

On days like yesterday, and today, and forever more, we need to recognize that the good far outnumbers the bad.  And it always will.

Keep the good alive.  Tell someone you love them today.

As you may have picked up from my first paragraph, I've been feeling a wee bit overwhelmed the past month.  In some calm moments of prayer, it has come to me to work on expressing 4 things everyday.  That may seem like a lot, but they really dovetail with each other.

Patience, meekness, love, and good deeds.

If you look up these words, you see that meekness is a form of patience.  Love requires meekness.  And you can't do good deeds without love.

                               

Be the good you want to see.

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts